This is my journey to motherhood. It's a bumpy road, but I'm traveling it whole heartedly.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Aaaahhhh, it's here the big retrieval! My u/s yesterday showed just as many huge follicles. My RE can't believe that even on a lower dose protocol I responded with even more follicles than last time. Unfortunately, I'm hyperstimming, of course, so he put me on meds for that like he did last time. He says he can't take the chance of something dangerous happening to me if I don't go on the meds, so I completely agreed with him. We don't know about the transfer yet, we are just going to have to wait until we get the Fert Report on Thursday morning. I'm pushing for a 5dt just b/c I would rather the embies grow now (fresh) and the not-so-good one's be weeded out before freezing. However, our RE told us that based on their stats, if they freeze the rest on Day 5, they have less success rates than if they freeze on Day 3 and then allow them to grow after the thaw. I just don't know, I trust my RE and the Embryologist, but I just have a feeling that watching the embies grow now and transferring the absolute best fresh, might give us a better shot. I'm also pushing for 3 this time, instead of just 2. Well, I've got alot of work to do today, but I'll try and post after my retrieval. Love to you all!
My name is Melissa and I'm 28 years old. I've been married to my husband for six years. We've been together since we were 18. We started TTC in May of 2007. I've been thru 8 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUIs, and IVF#1 which all resulted in BFNs. FET#1 and IVF#2 ended in chemical pregnancies. FET#2 resulted in our little miracle Liam, born 8-17-11. This is now my journey through motherhood and past infertility.