This week was NIAW (National Infertility Awareness Week). A week for those of us that are going thru IF or have been thru IF. Finally we get the recognition that we deserve. Love to all my IF sisters, you know who you are.
Well, we had our RE consult on Wed and it went really well. Of course there's no way of knowing why the first transfer didn't work, but I'm dealing with it a little more each day. We've decided to thaw 6 embryos, allow them to grow to blast stage, then transfer back 3. If there are any remaining blasts they can re-freeze them for later use. If all goes well that would still leave 3 remaining frosties. In another week on CD21, I'll start Provera, so that my cycle won't be so long. The RE said he thought it would be just fine and probably save me having to wait another week or longer for AF to show. Once AF does show I'll start Vivelle patches for at least 13 days. On CD13 I will go in for B/W and an U/S to check my lining. Then they will go ahead and defrost the embies. If all goes well and AF doesn't show up late, we could have the FET as early as the end of May or early June. I'm getting excited again. I hate that I'm having to wait so long, but I know it will be worth it in the end.
Free Advice 1: Sponsor a Puffin
1 day ago