So the transfer is complete! I had 1 Grade 1 Blast and 1 Grade 1 Stage 3 Morula transferred. I really wanted to do 3, but the RE's office won't allow it because of my age. They said that the most they would ever do is 2, because there's still a possibility that one of the embryos could split into identical twins. I was a little hesitant about this, but I understand that their top priority is getting you pregnant with one healthy baby that can be delivered at term. I just feel so blessed this time with how well our embryos did. I certainly credit the acupuncture, extra thyroid meds, and lots of prayer! I've tried to remain alot calmer this time and not stress out about what may or may not happen. I keep reminding myself everyday, "I will be pregnant and I will deliver a healthy baby."
Our latest freeze report showed that 8 embryos were frozen on Day 2, all good quality. As of yesterday morning we still had 10 embryos growing, which is absolutely amazing, considering last time at our FET after thawing and growing for 3 days, we had 2 surviving embryos out of 11. The Embryologist decided to let this second batch all reach Blast stage before freezing, so we'll get another report in the mail in the next week letting us know how many made it to freezing. If you add all of these up, miraculously there's 18 (including the 2 we transferred), not 17 like my nurse said for the Fert Report. So out of 20 eggs retrieved, we had 18 embryos even by Day 2. That's absolutely amazing. I am so very thankful, because I know that some have an extremely difficult time with producing alot of eggs. Now granted the recovery after the ER this time was hellish, I wouldn't trade the results for anything.
My first beta is set for October 6, which would be exactly 4w1d. I have exactly 1 pregnancy test in the house and I think I will use it on October 5. If I can stand it I may save it for the morning of my beta, but my will power probably won't last. Since I only did 3000 IU of HCG, it should actually already be out of my system. My RE gave me a low dose for both of my ER, I'm guessing b/c of the follicle count. It's going to be a very long week, but I'm going to try and stay as busy as possible with school. My professor and his wife have left for China for 3 weeks, so I've got to make the most of my time so that when they return I'll have lots of experimental data to show them. I finished another draft of my proposal and should get the OK to send it to my committee really soon. This is a huge milestone in itself for me, since it was my first attempt at writing a mock grant.
Thank you all for being so sweet to me during this IVF. It really means so much to me. Love to you all.
681st Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago