Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Possibility of OHSS

Well I had some good news at my scan this morning and some bad news. The good news is I have 4-12mm, 4-11mm, 3-10mm, and 10 to 12-9mm. The bad news is my RE thinks I am on the verge of OHSS. I'm extremely swollen and my ovaries are killing me. It's even uncomfortable to walk around. Worse case scenario he will let me do my ER and postpone my ET. He'll go ahead and get all the eggs and freeze whatever embryos that form and then I'll do FETs until all the embies are gone. I'm nervous and scared about all of this, but I know I don't have any control over what happens. Please pray that I don't get OHSS and that my ET isn't postponed.

7 comments:

  1. *fingers crossed the ohss stays away and you stay on course for your et*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that sucks! But you seem remarkably calm. Good for you - you're right, you have no control over this. That can be very difficult to accept through this process. Glad you're keeping things in perspective - no easy feat!

    Hoping and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, sounds painful. Hopefully everything works out ok for this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'll be praying for you. If you do get ohss, I hope you at least get some really good embies cookin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Melissa! That is a lot of follies! Sounds very painful though. I'll be praying for no OHSS and that no matter what happens, you end up with a baby (or more) in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHSS can be scary. Trust in your doctors and just believe that the ET will go off without a hitch. Drink lots of gatorade- that helped me when I was at that point. I remember those enlarged ovary feelings very well. Take it easy and wear lots of elastic banded pants. You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers, girl! To have come so far and to have such a scare, which does not give the situation justice. I hope all works out! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete