Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Game Over

Well my temp plummeted this morning, so AF should be arriving soon. Ugh, I'm so pissed. Just once, I wanted this to work for us. It would have been perfect for us. We could have saved all of our money and gotten a new car. I just got off the phone with the RE and we have a phone consult set up for Thursday morning I guess to find out what he wants to do. I've scheduled the DNA frag test for Rob for next Wednesday, so hopefully we will get those results rather quickly. I don't really know if that's going to change the plan though. If the results were bad, then IVF was the only option, but if they were ok then IUI should have worked. I mean even if we get the results and they tell us that IUI would have never worked, I guess I still would have wanted to try, maybe not the 3 times that we did. But at least we are only out about $2000 for all 3 IUI's including the meds. I know it could have been alot worse. I'm so bummed that we are going to have to take some time off from trying. I'm hoping once I find out how much everything is going to be and if insurance will cover anything, then I'll have to get going trying to find a loan. Once that is in place, then things can move pretty quickly. It would be nice if we could have all of this done in time for when AF arrives next month, but things never go that smoothly for us, so I'm not betting on it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. This whole journey is just ridiculous. We have an appt today to discuss the next step for us, probably more tests and a SA.

    You'll have to let us know what the RE says about the positive pregnancy tests. Didn't you have a positive result this cycle and last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I'm sorry Melissa. You know I always hold out hope for you.

    I hope the rest of your plans move quickly and that you're able to cycle again very soon.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it didn't work this cycle. I hope the results come back good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Melissa. I'm really hoping that your insurance surprises you in a good way.

    ReplyDelete