Saturday, August 29, 2009

Infertility Bible Study by Sarah's Laughter

A few months ago Katie (a friend from BBC) posted the link to Sarah's Laughter http://www.sarahs-laughter.com/. It's an Christian infertility support center based out of Baton Rouge. I decided a few days ago to send them a prayer request. Well the owner of the center sent me an email back that her prayer team was praying for me, but also asked if I would like a copy of her Infertility Bible Study for free. I said yes and I got the book in the mail today. I started crying going thru the book, it was everything I needed and more. It has 8 weekly bible study sessions, work sheets, and she even included a key ring of index cards with the printed bible verses that correspond to the studies. I looked on the website and they are offering it for $10. If she hadn't given it to me for free, I certainly would have paid the money. You can go to the website above and buy the book, or if you want you can try and email Beth and see if she'll send you one for free. beth@sarahs-laughter.com.

While I was reading thru the book it hit me about what God wants me to do. I know I'm not ready for this yet, but I think once I am I'm going to talk to my pastor at church and see if I can get an Infertility Bible Study Group going using this book. Our church has over 2000 members, and I know that more than just me is going thru or has gone thru infertility. Who knows what the weeks will bring; I'm hoping some peace of mind and maybe my faith back.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post on my blog! Glad I was able to gie you some hope.

    What a wonderful idea to start a infertility bible study group! I hope that it can help bring you and many others in your church some peace and support.

    Best wishes in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - i am responding to a comment you left on my blog - you asked about insurance paying for clomid. The actual medication isn't the issue. My RE INSISTS on heavily monitoring the clomid cycles with ultra sounds and blood work - that's the part that's expensive and is not covered by insurance.

    The infertility bible study group is A GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Bible Study is a wonderful idea. Although the church can be a wonderful support, it's often relatively silent (in my personal experience!) on the issue of IF. This sounds great!

    Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea Melissa! I had thought about starting one at my church but it's a lot smaller and I was worried I was the only one. I think you'll definitely find others in a church of your size. My mom's church has an infertility prayer group and its a relatively small church and they prayed for me a lot during my IF struggle. It was a huge help. The bible sounds wonderful too! I'm so glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I googled infertility bible study and this post came up. I am wondering if you ever did do a bible study using the book you were sent? I have been thinking of doing exactly that. Infertility is so isolating, as I'm sure you well know. I'd love to hear if you did the study or not and what book you used. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for Bible studies on Sarah and stumbled onto your blog. I think a Bible Study group developed around infertility is a great idea. I struggled with infertility for three years and I could not find any such group in my area, but like you, I know there were others out there who were going through similar situations.

    ReplyDelete