Monday, May 11, 2009

Making A Change at Church

So I am so glad I didn't go to church or sunday school yesterday. It would have been a cry fest. All the moms and mother's to be get flowers, the whole sermon is about mothers and how great it is. Not something, a childless person like me wants to endure. So I think I've decided that we are going to go to a different sunday school class. I just got a message that a couple in our class is expecting their second child, they started TTC when we did, and already have a son. I can't go anymore. Since we started, there have been 7 babies born. 3 of which are the second child. And guess how many couples don't have children, 2 including us, unless the other couple just hasn't announced yet that they are PG, because they are trying. I'm supposed to be happy for them, but I'm not, I'm upset that we can't announce that we are expecting. I'm mad b/c it could be years from now that we get PG, at the rate we are going. It will be a great day when I can get past all this anger and resentment. Not happening anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're making a good choice. You need to take care of yourself first and foremost. It's so painful to hear of people around you getting PG but it's especially hard when they are on their SECOND and you still haven't even had your first. Ugh. I really feel for you. I have some resentment toward mothers day as well. Just feeling like no one ever acknowledges all the women who desperately want to be mothers but can't. I was pleasantly surprised though this sunday when my pastor prayed for any woman that is going through infertility that wants to be a mother and can't. It gave me a new respect for him. I don't think I've ever heard a pastor acknowledge the infertile and it made me happy that he was bringing this to everyone's attention. BIG HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete