Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Well we are going to meet our little boy tomorrow morning. I'm scheduled for a c-section due to his size and my high BP issues. My last appt went well, it was really long. We got one last look at him and even got a few more 3D pics. Based on measurements he's well over 9lbs and in the 95% and higher for weight, head/abdomen circumference, and femur length. He's going to be big and long! My BP was still too high even though I've been resting constantly for the past 2 weeks straight. When I was checked my cervix has shortened some, but other than that no more progress. If we were going to induce he said we'd probably wait a while longer and even then there's no guarantee I'd progress. He also said of course the longer we wait the bigger he's going to get. I don't want any emergency situations occuring. I honestly feel good about our decision to go forward with a c-section. Yes I'm scared, yes I'm sad that I couldn't go through with a vag delivery. But honestly, I'm happy that my vag isn't going to be in shreds after delivering this guy. I know my recovery is going to be alot more difficult, but I'm going to have lots of help, so it will all work out in the end. Will update when I can.