Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Scheduled C-Section

Well we are going to meet our little boy tomorrow morning.  I'm scheduled for a c-section due to his size and my high BP issues.  My last appt went well, it was really long.  We got one last look at him and even got a few more 3D pics.  Based on measurements he's well over 9lbs and in the 95% and higher for weight, head/abdomen circumference, and femur length.  He's going to be big and long!  My BP was still too high even though I've been resting constantly for the past 2 weeks straight.  When I was checked my cervix has shortened some, but other than that no more progress.  If we were going to induce he said we'd probably wait a while longer and even then there's no guarantee I'd progress.  He also said of course the longer we wait the bigger he's going to get.  I don't want any emergency situations occuring.  I honestly feel good about our decision to go forward with a c-section.  Yes I'm scared, yes I'm sad that I couldn't go through with a vag delivery.  But honestly, I'm happy that my vag isn't going to be in shreds after delivering this guy.  I know my recovery is going to be alot more difficult, but I'm going to have lots of help, so it will all work out in the end.  Will update when I can. 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Melissa!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how exciting!! i think i'm going to be scheduled for a c-section as well -- bubs is breech and it doesn't look like she's going anywhere. i've got an appointment with the OB later today, so i'll know more then.

    wowsers, though -- he's a nice healthy size! i hope you didn't buy too many newborn sized clothes because he may not fit into them for very long!

    scheduling a c-section at least means that you don't have to worry about the "when am i going to go into labor?" thing. and yes, it might mean a longer recovery, but if he is a big size & you delivered him naturally, you might have been pretty sore down there anyway, iykwim.

    good luck for tomorrow -- can't wait to hear your update! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! So very exciting! Congrats, and keep up updated when you are feeling rested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the baby!! Can't wait to hear how it went :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you...hope all went well! can't wait to hear an update on your little arrival! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all has gone well - can't wait to see a photo of your little boy xx

    ReplyDelete