Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Latest Counselor Appt

So I went to my counselor again this morning. I guess I'm not used to the whole say what you're thinking thing. I'm a listener, I don't like to talk all that much, unless someone directly asks me a question or I really have something to say. There were moments of just silence, which was quite uncomfortable. She finally started asking me some questions, so I started talking again, but I don't know, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. She still thinks that I have anaclitic depression, basically b/c I was in daycare from the time I was a baby. Because of my genetics I'm extremely susceptible to depression (I already knew this b/c my parents and both sets of grandparents had it), but that the "seperation" from my parents at such a young age, caused my depression to occur really early in life, and basically will be life-long. Well that's just great, exactly what I needed to hear, depression for life, whohoo. As if I don't already have life-long health problems. I have another appt set up for next Wed, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that it didn't go better than that. Maybe after a few visits, you will feel as if you have known her forever and you can open up without being prompted...HUGS to you. I know it was a tough day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counselor appointments are hard work, but hopefully you get enough out of them to make the extra emotional drain worth it in the long run. Hoping your next one goes better. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete